Wednesday, June 10, 2015

LUX SERIES BOOK REVIEW

I finally finished it!!!  The entire LUX series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  I started them last month while doing the read-a-thon RYBSAT aka Read your book shelf a thon.  Here are the books:


Book one
Obsidian
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

--------------------


Book two
Onyx
By Jennifer L. Armentrout

--------------------------


Book three
Opal
By Jennifer L. Armentrout

----------------------------------


Book four
Origin
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

-----------------------------------------


Book five (final book in the series)
Opposition
by Jennifer l. Armentrout

--------------------------------------

Also there is a prequel novella (I also read this)


Lux novella
Shadows
By Jennifer L. Armentrout

----------------------------------

MY REVIEW
(no spoilers)

      Okay this was my first time reading a book (let a lone a whole series) by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I am officially a fan girl.  Her writing is so good!! The characters were so likable and easy to relate to.  I had the hugest smile when I read that in her second book of this series: Onyx, the dedication said "Dedicated to book lovers and book bloggers everywhere, those large and small."  I had screamed, "THAT'S ME!!!" haha.  

       But yes, the main character in the lux series was Katy and she is just an average girl, a book lover and a book blogger.  She moves next door to Daemon, and Dee who are brother and sister, yet of course as you can tell from reading the synopsis they are actually aliens!  

       I really did love this whole series.  It was one of those series that while you are reading each book you think to yourself, "this just keeps getting better."  And it truly does.  The only sad thing is that I am now finished with the series so no more for me.  But for those who have read the series and want to read more I have found out that Jennifer L. Armentrout is actually going to be releasing a POV (point of view) story from Daemon's persepective which looks like it will have a mix of new and some old scenes!!  How exciting, there is a little more information about that on Jennifer L. Armentrout's website, here is the link: http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/oblivion/

      Also there is an adult spinoff (stand alone) called Obsession:


         I have not read this book yet, but it is on my to be read list (ALONG WITH EVERY OTHER BOOK JENNIFER HAS EVER MADE) lol.  Okay fan girling too much, sorry.  This spinoff book is actually based off of one of the characters in the LUX series called Hunter.  I won't say more because I do not wish to spoil anything, but if you have read the series then you know who he is.

      I made it this far without giving you my actual star rating for each book, but as my raving, and fan girling I am sure you can guess that I have given each book 5/5 stars.  Have you read this series?  Did you love it as much as me?  Also if you have read other books by Jennifer L. Armentrout which ones should I read next??  If you have not read this series yet, GO DO IT!!!  It is so amazing and you won't regret it.  We can fan girl over it together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment