Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I have not posted in a while!  I am so sorry, life is just so busy but I need to make more time for my blog.  I do post a lot of twitter and instagram about the books I am reading as well.

My twitter is: ashleylabadie87

I've read a lot of books since February.  For this post I will list all the books I read up to today and my review, and a link to the synopsis of the book.


BOOKS I HAVE READ SINCE MY LAST UPDATE

Gone Girl 
by Gillian Flynn


My rating is 5/5
This book was one of those type of books that you just can't put down once you start reading it. I instantly was interested in figuring out what was going on. The character's were well developed, the story was intense and kept you on the edge of your seat. I would recommend this book to everyone.
----------

White Oleander
by Janet Fitch


My rating is 4/5
I really enjoyed this book. The writing was amazing, and what the main character went through really makes you think about life and you feel what she is going through. I did not like the ending as much as I enjoyed the rest of the book, but it still leaves room for imagination. It is worth reading in my opinion.
-----------

every day
by David Levithan


My rating is 5/5
This book was so good! I read this book in one day because I could not put it down. The concept is so interesting to me and so unique, having someone be in someone elses body every single day! I really loved it. Good story all the way through, and was interesting to see what it is like in other people's lives.
----------------

The book Thief
by Markus Zusak


My rating is 5/5  (ALL THE FEELS!)
This is one of the best books I have read in my entire life. Assuming you have read the synopsis it is narrated by death himself but that is not as odd as it sounds. The story is so well told that I actually felt connected to the characters. You feel for them as if they were your family and friends. This book made me cry and I am not always this emotionally invested in characters and their stories but this book really got to me and it will forever be a favorite on my list. I recommend this so much.
---------------

(GRAPHIC NOVEL)
The wicked + the divine
the faust act
by Kieron Gillen, Jamie Mckelvie, and Matt Wilson


My rating is 5/5
I enjoyed this graphic novel!
---------

The coldest girl in Coldtown
by Holly Black


My rating is 5/5
I really enjoyed this book, the characters were great, the story was great. Everything was awesome! I wish there was a sequel I would read it in a heartbeat.
-----------


A tale for the time being
by Ruth Ozeki


My rating 2/5
This book was a very slow read for me when I started it. The story did pick up after a while and I really enjoyed reading the story from Nao's point of view. I loved reading about her family, her struggles, and her great-grandmother. That being said I thought the story was just okay. Ruth and Oliver were not my favorite character's, especially Oliver. I could have done without him in the whole book. Then a little over half way through the book the story takes a weird turn and Ruth has these odd dreams, and pages seem to disappear from the diary. I know they tried to explain it near the end with quantum physics but it just seemed like it was not worth even adding to the book. The book was going just fine when it seemed "real". I hate rating a book two stars when I can understand how this could have been a really great book, it just had things that did not sit well with me (oliver, unrealistic points, ending was not what I pictured I did not like it) but I would say it is still worth a read.
------------

The Kite runner 
by Khaled Hosseini


My rating is 5/5
I loved this book. The writing style was so great to me, and so descriptive. I look forward to reading other books by this author. This book was a very emotional read for me. It really put you in someone else's shoes, and I appreciate when a book does that. I loved this book, and I recommend reading it.
-----------

(GRAPHIC NOVEL)
Chew Volume one 
Taster's choice
by John Layman and Rob Guillory


My rating is 5/5
Another graphic novel that I love.
This one features a detective who has a rather
odd way of finding out more about what happened
to victims.  
------------------

Eeny Meeny
by M.J. Arlidge


My rating is 5/5
I received an ARC of this book through goodreads first reads and I am so glad that I did. This book is a thriller and a page turner. Once I started reading Eeny Meeny I could not put the book down. It is one of those books where you are constantly wondering what is going to happen next and keeps you on the edge of your seat. I can't wait to read the next book!
------------
Angelfall
by Susan Ee


My rating is 5/5

Ahhh! This book was so good. I love the two main characters Raffe and Penryn. The story is fast paced and kept me reading and not wanting to put the book down. I read it within a day, and I instantly have the urge to read the next book.
----------------------
Sisters of heart and snow
by Margaret Dilloway


My rating is 5/5 
I won this book on goodreads first reads and I am so glad I did. This book is amazing! I love how it switches from current time to the past. Both story lines within the book were so interesting and I couldn't put the book down. I fell in love with this book I am adding it to my favorites list. I think everyone should read this book. I am interested in seeing what else the author has wrote!!
---------------

You belong to us
by Molly McCaffery


My rating is 1/5
I could not leave a detailed review on goodreads because this is a memoir and I just
don't think it would be appropriate to bash it.  But I won this book from goodreads first reads
and I did not enjoy it at all.  The author sounded entitled and snobby throughout the whole book.  The story (her life) itself was very interesting though.
--------------



You belong to me 
by Karen Rose


My rating is 5/5
I actually won this book in a giveaway from Penguin. I love murder mystery/thriller books so this was right up my alley. It was so good. You belong to me was a page turner, even though it was 500 or so pages I read it within 2 days, it was THAT good. It was my first time reading a novel by Karen Rose and I am definitely going to be adding her other books to my to be read list.
-------------


Naked in Death
by J.D. Robb 
(Nora Roberts)


My rating is 4/5
This book was a good murder mystery/thriller. I liked the main characters. There were some trigger type topics near the end of the book but other then that it was an enjoyable read and I am interested in reading the next book in the series (I know there are over 40!)
-------------

There you have it those are the books I have read while I was gone from my blog.
I am currently reading:


So far this book is amazing, I can't wait to finish and write a review for you all.






No comments:

Post a Comment